Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Pumps
- Meets FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 500°F (350°F maximum for NSF applications)
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Good electrical and weatherability properties — resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials[U]
- Conforms to 3-A Sanitary Standards for Number 18-03 (Multiple Use Rubber and Rubber-Like Materials)
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates; RoHS compliant
The most outstanding properties of SILCON are its flexibility and resistance to temperature extremes. These, plus its good electrical properties and ability to self- extinguish, make SILCON an excellent choice for appliances and computers.
Peroxide-cured SILCON contains no sulphur or other acid-producing chemicals, thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating materials it contacts. It is extremely resistant to ozone and U.V. over long time periods.
Care is recommended in the selection of fittings and clamps for SILCON as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the tubing wall and possibly cause a failure.
^SILCON may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long- term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
SILCON is not recommended for implantable or in- body uses or for continuous steam applications.
3/16" ID X 3/8" OD (Size 15) - Commonly used with 1/4" OD LPDE or HDPE tubing for groundwater sampling.
1/4" ID X 7/16" OD (Size 24) - Commonly used with 3/8" OD LDPE or HDPE tubing for groundwater sampling.
3/8" ID X 5/8" OD - Common size for wastewater samplers (ISCO, Hach Sigma, Global Water) and larger peristaltic pump heads including Solinst Model 410. Commonly used with 1/2" OD LDPE or HDPE tubing for groundwater sampling.