Draeger X-am 3500 Multi-Gas Detector
Draeger X-am 3500 Multi-Gas Detector
The Draeger (or Dräger) X-am 3500 was especially designed for clearance measurements. The 1 to 4 gas detector reliably detects flammable gases and vapours as well as O2, CO, H2S, NO2 and SO2. The innovative signalling design and extensive range of accessories ensure optimum safety and easy handling.
Draeger X-am 3500 Benefits
Specially designed for use with a pump, optimised for clearance measurement
The Dräger X-am 3500 is equipped with a very powerful pump. It can be connected with hoses of up to 45 metres in length. A pump adapter makes it easy to switch between diffusion and pump mode at any time. This means the pump is only operated when you actually need it. That saves energy, reduces wear and tear, and thereby extends the lifespan of the pump. Handy and durable, the Dräger X-am 3500 is intuitive to operate single-handedly using three function keys. The easy-to-read colour display clearly lays out all the information for you. Thanks to its compact and robust construction, the device can withstand even the harshest conditions.
Clear signalling design
The signal system of the Dräger X-am 3500 is based on a clear colour code, in accordance with the requirements of the EN 60079-29-1, EN 45544-1 and EN 50104:
- Red light = gas alarm
- Yellow light = device-related alarm, e.g. low battery
- Green light = device is ready for use
The green glow of the D-light allows you to see from a distance whether the device has been properly tested and is ready for use.
In case of an alarm, the X-am 3500 alerts you with colourful alarm LEDs, a loud horn (100 dB(A) at a distance of 30 cm), and clearly palpable vibration. Optionally, four preset hazard symbols are available for the display which explicitly indicate the presence of explosive or toxic gas hazards, for example. This allows the user to easily recognise the type of hazard based purely on the symbol displayed.
Economical Fleet Management
Bumptest and calibration are carried out simply and quickly using the Dräger X-dock® calibrating station. Its low test gas consumption keeps operating costs to a minimum.
Its reporting function and numerous other useful features make the X-dock Manager PC software a smart addition to any fleet management operation. To identify the devices in the fleet, you can either use tried and tested barcodes or an integrated RFID transponder.
Inductive charging protects against wear and tear
The Draeger X-am 3500 features inductive charging. This makes it easier to operate and increases the lifespan of the device. Issues like corrosion and contact problems in the charging cradle are a thing of the past. You can charge (outside of explosion-hazard zones) and measure at once, e.g, when in use inside vehicles or on machinery. The charging cradle can connect with one another, taking up minimal space, and are compatible with existing Dräger X-am® series cradles.
Draeger X-am 3500 Technical Data
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 179 x 77 x 42 mm
- Weight Approx. 495 g, depending on sensor configuration, without strap, without pump Approx. 550 g, depending on sensor configuration, without strap, with pump
- Housing Durable two-component housing
- Display High-contrast colour display
- Temperature -20 °C to +50 °C
- Pressure 700 to 1.300 hPa
- Relative humidity 10 to 90% (short-term up to 95%) r.h.
- Visual 3 LED 'red' (gas alarms), 3 LED 'yellow' (device alarms)
- Acoustic Multi-tone, typically 100 dB(A) at 30 cm
- Ingress protection class IP 67
- Energy supply Lithium-ion battery, rechargeable, inductive charging
- Operating times (Diffusion) With CatEx and 3 EC sensors Typically 24 hours With 3 EC-sensors Typically 120 hours
- Charging times Typically 4 hours after use during a shift of max. 10 hours
- Start-up times Typically <60 seconds for standard sensors
- Data storage 12 MB, e.g. at 10 minutes per hour of gas exposure with measuring values changing by the second on all 4 channels: approx. 300 hours
- Pump operation Max. hose length 45 m
- I M1, II 1G
- Ex da ia I Ma, Ex da ia IIC T4 Ga ATEX / IECEx Metrological approval pending
- PO Ex da ia I Ma X
- Ex da ia IIC T4 Ga X
- Class I, Zone 0, AEx da ia IIC T4 Ga
- Div 1, Gr. E, F, G T4
- C22.2 No. 152, ANSI-ISA 12.13.01:2000
Manufacturer´s warranty 3 years for the device 1 year for the power supply
Sensors: see DrägerSensor® & Portable Instruments Handbook