Level Troll 500 Data Logger
Level Troll 500 Data Logger
The Level TROLL 500 is ideal for continuously logging measurements of water level, water pressure and temperature. Available in vented (gauged) pressure ranges up to 500 psig for automatic atmospheric compensation. Sensors calibrated across the full pressure and temperature range deliver accurate data. And solid titanium construction stands up to the most extreme conditions.
Easily integrate this versatile, sub-1-inch instrument with accessories and in-well telemetry. Pair with VuLink and HydroVu Data Services to enable remote data access and automatic event alerts. Smart Addressing on all In-Situ equipment ensures that each parameter is always mapped to the same Modbus address, allowing you to connect any device to the same data logger without having to reprogram when logging the same parameter.
BE EFFECTIVE with the Level Troll 500
• Increase productivity: Reduce training and installation time with In-Situ’s intuitive software platform and integrated components. Patented twist-lock connectors, included on Level TROLL 500 Data Loggers and RuggedCable® Systems, ensure error-free deployments.
• Streamline data management: Use the VuSitu Mobile App to consolidate all site information on your smartphone, and tag data with site photos and GPS coordinates. Simply connect the instrument to a Wireless TROLL Com or power pack, launch the mobile app, and start reading results. Simplify instrument setup, reduce errors and get the most out of your data with Log Setup Assistant and Panoramic Live Data. Log data to your smartphone and download results in a standard Universal Data File format.
• Set up real-time networks: Access data 24/7 and receive event notifications when you connect data loggers to VuLink Telemetry, HydroVu Data Services, or other third-party data collection platforms.
BE RELIABLE with Level Troll 500
• Deploy in all environments: Install loggers in fresh water, saltwater, and contaminated waters. The Level Troll 500 features a Solid titanium and sealed construction outperforms and outlasts specially coated data loggers.
• Log accurate data: Get optimal accuracy under all operating conditions with Level Troll 500. Sensors undergo a 3D, NIST-traceable factory calibration across the full pressure and temperature range. For applications requiring the highest levels of accuracy, use a vented (gauged) system.
• Get long-lasting operation: Reduce trips to the field with lowpower loggers that typically operate for 10 years.
Applications of Level Troll 500
- AQUIFER CHARACTERIZATION: SLUG & PUMPING TESTS
- COASTAL: TIDAL, WETLAND & ESTUARY STUDIES
- HYDROLOGIC EVENTS: STORM SURGE & FLOOD CONTROL SYSTEMS
- LONG-TERM, REAL-TIME GROUNDWATER & SURFACE WATER MONITORING
- MINING & REMEDIATION
Specifications of Level Troll 500
- TEMPERATURE RANGES - Operational: -20 to 80° C (-4 to 176° F) Storage: -40 to 80° C (-40 to 176° F) Calibrated: -5 to 50° C (23 to 122° F)
- DIAMETER - 1.83 cm (0.72 in.)
- LENGTH - 21.6 cm (8.5 in.)
- WEIGHT - 124 g (0.27 lb)
- MATERIALS - Titanium body; Delrin® nose cone
- OUTPUT OPTIONS - Modbus/RS485, SDI-12, 4 to 20 mA
- BATTERY TYPE & LIFE - 3.6V lithium; 10 years or 2M readings
- EXTERNAL POWER - 8 to 36 VDC
- MEMORY - 2.0 MB, Data records - 120,000, Data logs - 50 logs
- FASTEST LOGGING RATE - 2 per second
- FASTEST OUTPUT RATE - Modbus: 2 per second SDI-12 & 4 to 20 mA: 1 per second
- LOG TYPES - Linear, Fast Linear, and Event
- TYPE - Piezoresistive
- Material - Titanium
- RANGE - Gauged (vented) 5 psig: 3.5 m (11.5 ft) 15 psig: 11 m (35 ft) 30 psig: 21 m (69 ft) 100 psig: 70 m (231 ft) 300 psig: 210 m (692 ft) 500 psig: 351 m (1153 ft)
- BURST PRESSURE - Max. 2x range; burst > 3x range
- ACCURACY - ±0.05% FS from -5 to 50° C
- LONG-TERM STABILITY - <0.1% FS
- FS RESOLUTION - ±0.005% FS or better
- UNITS OF MEASURE - Pressure: psi, kPa, bar, mbar, mmHg, inHg, cmH2O, inH2O Level: in., ft, mm, cm, m
- TYPE - Silicon
- ACCURACY - ±0.1° C
- RESOLUTION - 0.01° C or better
- UNITS OF MEASURE - Celsius or Fahrenheit
Level Troll 500 Warranty